WHY NOT TO USE FEATURE.FM - REVIEW



I've spent some money for an experiment, so you don't have to!


So I had this quite good song. I gathered some opinions from my "target" (people who are listening the artists I consider sounding similar to me - those who inspire me a lot).
The opinions were good. Now, I should explain that I don't bother about different musicians' opinion too much as 99% of them just like and create something completely different than me.
That's one of the reasons I abandoned getting and writing reviews on forum for songwiters.


Read:
WHY I ABANDONED A REVIEW GROUP



So I decided to try feature.fm as they were supposed to provide some useful data.

The data analysis I received from them looks like this:
-everybody listens to the whole song,
-there are no 'skips'
-there is no interaction at all.

In fact it looks like... nobody listens.

If you want to spend 50$ on 1300 soundcloud plays, which are apparently 'empty' plays (without any interaction, without providing you any useful data), you can do this.
I just suppose you can buy false plays at least 10 times cheaper. And there will be no difference for you at all (except you spend 10 times less).
But if you want some data analysis tool. I have to disappoint you.

The strange thing is also, you can't buy a week campaing for 10$ just to try. You can only buy campaign for 50$ or a campaing where you pay 10$ every week until you stop it.
But what if you will have problems with login or you forget your password? You may be unable to stop it then. They probably just hope that you will forget and notice when it will be too late. Actually I'm 100% sure they just hope you will forget about stopping the campaign on time.

Oh, and one more thing, before I forget: Once you send them money, there is no contact with them (don't try to write an e-mail - it's pointless).




Ssha youtube channel



Comments

  1. Hi there! I had an opposite experience. I've recently signed up this week and I've been emailing them and trying their chat session on their site. They've gotten back to me on my questions, and I can see the analytics on my song campaigns, when it was skipped, who listened, etc. Sorry you had issues though:( I wanted to share my experience with you in hopes maybe something was wrong in the processes or things are better since you wrote in June. Cheers! - Kevin Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, actually I had 3 skips in the first 2 and last 4 seconds of the track.
    I had also engagement - 1 from Finland (my song was played 1 time in Finland, few times in other countries and about 1200 times in Canada. It's sad that once you make a mistake and you don't choose the countries where you want your song to be played, you cannot change it later and basically everything goes to Canada).
    Apparently my song is very "well tolerated" for listeners but not engaging enough (apart from that one person from Finland)(that could be the interperation;)

    Good that you received some better results to analysis and interpretation :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO PROMOTE YOUR MUSIC ON SOUNDCLOUD - STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL

MAXIMAL SOUND MASTERING REVIEW